New beetle incentives

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Default New beetle incentives

Hi. I was considering buying a new beetle in the next couple of weeks (I do own a classic bug for fun).
I thought the prices were quite high for such a small car - hardtops ranging from the 19000's and I saw convertables from the 25,000's.
Currently vw is offering 0% financing for three years....
So the question is maybe for an avid car buyer or perhaps someone who works with Vw....in that considering it is March of 08 and newer modles will arrive by summer's end...what sort of discount can I expect on top of the 0%? Also taking into consideration that beetle sales have dropped considerably in the last couple of years.
I am NOT desperate for the car - I do want one - but am in no way willing to shell out twenty grand for it.

Any advice would be appriciated!

Thanks
Kazze

Old 03-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Default RE: New beetle incentives

Don't have any real advise for you, I can only relate my experience. To date I have had two New Beetles, one a 1999 gas and now a 2006 diesel. I purchased the latest 18 months ago and am quite pleased with it. It has been trouble free and gets wonderful mileage. To bad they don't make diesel bugs anymore.The sticker shock is one I can relate to, but the resale value of what I have remains high. The 1999 was a good buy, but did have some electrical issues that were common on the early models of the new bug. Everyone thatI know that has one loves their bug. Haven't a clue what the discount will be when the new models come out, but waiting may be a good idea.