MotorKote or Cerma engine friction reducer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 01:02 AM
Default MotorKote or Cerma engine friction reducer?

Has anyone used either of these friction reducers?

I have just put some Motorkote in all my vehicles. This stuff is supposed to be great from what I have researched.

If you don't know anything about these yet, they claim to treat the metal engine parts and case, and are added in addition to the oil. It is heat activated. Motorkote Testimonies claim they had to sand it off the metal tested, to get it off! It was the only way possible! Sounds good to me if it's the truth?

Anyway now I just stumbled onto the Cerma engine treatment, which is claiming you only have to do it once for the lifetime of the car, opposed to the MotorKote about every 3rd oil change.
But the Cerma has a price tag of $96.00 for the 2 oz it takes per engine.

The Motorkote cost about $28.00 for 32 oz, which on avg does 3 changes.

So anyway, I would love to get some feed back from someone I could trust on these products so just figured i would put it out there!

Thanks!

Old 04-07-2016, 03:42 AM

Nobody?

Anyone?

Has no one ever used either of these out here?

PLEASE if you have I would sure love to get some honest real world feed back before i switch from the Valvoline SynPower synthetic 5w-30 and synthetic lucas i am presently using, over to the Cerma 5w-30 syn. oil!

As for the motorkote, I went ahead and put it in on top of the last change.

My son put it in his Hyundai Veloster 1.8 Turbo and he got an increase of 2 mpg!

I have not been able to check my daughters bug because i don't ever drive it, but will try again to get her to start documenting the mileage.