Inherited 69 Beetle

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Default Inherited 69 Beetle

Hi, Just inherited my dad's 69 beetle after he passed away a month ago. Looking to get it back on the road and do a total restoration. It's in pretty good shape and doesn't seem to need a whole lot to get it show worthy. I was more into corvettes but my dad never gave up on vw's and I would like to continue in his legacy. I'm hoping you guys would be able to help me and provide me with knowledge and advice as I go.

So far, I've been able to get it started after about 20 years of sitting. Had to flush the fuel lines and play with the fuel pump a bit. Cleaned out the carb, scratched up the points and the plugs a bit and fired it up. Poured a bit of Kero in the engine afteran oil changeand ran her for about 10 min then changed her again. Now it's timeforbrakes, unfortunately this may be harder then actaully getting it running. As of right now the pedal goes to the floor andI'm sure I'll have to replace every rubber brake line.Who knows what the wheel cyclinders, etc. are going to look like.

Thanks and look forward toworking with you guys.