Cant Light dashboard without high beams - Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Old 09-09-2018, 07:55 PM

Default Cant Light dashboard without high beams

That's it. That's my whole problem. My daughter just got her license and her first car. Its a 2010 Final Edition convertible Beetle. She was just driving at night for the first time and could not light her dashboard without her high beams on. We're in NJ driving on high traffic roads, so she chose an unlit dash.
I did search the forum and only found one similar question, different model car, unanswered. Sorry if its here somewhere and I missed it.

~M
Old 09-10-2018, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

Its hard to say what the problem is as we can't see the vehicle or know what mods have been done.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check the system out.