Airbag light & wire from radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Default Airbag light & wire from radio

Hi,

My wife has a 2005 VW Beetle convertible and I set about the task of fitting her a hands free phone kit .. problem was initially the radio did not come out so I pulled it .. it then came out but 1 wire from the top plug has also come out.

It is a grey wire (there seems to be 2 main looms going into the top plugs with 3 random wires) ... The radio seems to work without that wire but I would obviously like to put it back where it came from ... any ideas ??

ALSO...

I had to remove the glovebox to pull wires and I disconnected the sockets (including the airbag one) .. I put them all back nice but now everytime I switch the engine on the airbag light on the drivers panel stops on.

I have checked and there are no loose wires anywhere, the switch works inside the glovebox for the airbag as I can switch on/off and the centre dash registers it .. but the light on the drivers panel stops on.

When I put key in all the lights come on, then go off (which is normal) but after 1 second the airbag light comes back on.

Could it be the case that the light needs to be reset as it did detect a problem when I disconnected the switch originally and it stops on until the garage resets ?? or is it still detecting a problem ??

I would really appreciate some guidance on 1 or both the above questions ... never thought fitting something so simple could cause so many issues

Thanks