PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

spotted:RHD '58 beetle for sale in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Default spotted:RHD '58 beetle for sale in Thailand

Hi, my name is Greg and I was vacationing here in Phuket, thailand and off the main road past Kata beach I spotted this bug. The guy quoted me $5k, but after inspection, it is not worth that price. I'm sure that is the foreigner price. I would give him $2500 but I haven't got a quote yet on shipping price. It looks good on the outside, but really needs stuff replaced like the f/r apron, and where the front turn signals are, the metal needs to be redone. It has a 1600 single carb motor, aluminum shifter, and AC!! I didn't check to see if it worked, but everything was there to make it work. The glass is all there and the front wing windows have been removed. The interior isn't bad either. I imagine it's fully driveable, but would probably need to be completely gone through for the major enthousiast. I don't see any real rust damage. Imagine this as a driveable parts car.

Because this car is more than 25 years old, there are no safety provisions it has to pass with the NHSTA. Obviously passing smog is mute.

Ok so if you are truely interested, let me know asap. I'm leaving thailand march 14th 2008, but if you're serious about wanting this bug, I could move my dates in order to arrange price, shipping, etc. If you have me handle most of the legwork $800 would make me happy. I will try and get a contact number in case you maybe can find a local exporter to handle it for you. I believe there are only X number of importers you can use. If you go to the NHSTA website, you can find a list of US authorized importers.

Greg
gkmissingca@yahoo.com

Ok, here's the guy's number...country code is 66 08 1677 0505, and 08 3522 5100. If you can't get through, double check the country code and proper dialing order... also, the guy said he wasn't sure it was a '58. I'm not a true vw guy, but i know the rear window looks the same size as the '65 I had.