PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rebuilt 5 Speed Volkswagen transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Default Rebuilt 5 Speed Volkswagen transmissions

Fully rebuilt Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, Scirocco and Cabriolet 5 speed transmissions $895 exchange. Letter code designations CHE, DFQ, AMC for 1993 to 1999 models.
Guaranteed for 1 year, unlimited mileage in that time period.

All rebuilt units receive the following new parts :

Ring gear carrier bolt kit installed to replace rivets which often fail
Two new timken ring gear carrier bearings
Two new timken pinion shaft bearings
New gaskets and seals
Five new syncronizer rings
New main shaft bearing and 4 new bolts
New throwout bearing
New factory end cap
Ring and pinion backlash set up to factory specifications
Parts inspected under magnification

Technician has 35 years experience rebuilding manual transmissions.

Check out our website at www.mpgauto.com for more photos and details.

Some models of transmissions are rebuild in stock. Any custom ratios will take a day or two to have ready.
The letter codes include CHE, DFQ and AMC and they are stamped at the bottom of the bell housing, under the car.
By popular request are rebuilt transmissions with lower gear ratios, thus providing engine RPM 6.25% lower than your stock transmission. So if your car was running at 3,200 RPM at freeway speed, it will be running at 3,000 RPM with the lower geared rebuilt transmission. A big help to your gas mileage (and sound level too). I have also changed the 4th gear ratio to be closer to the lower 5th gear so that there is less RPM spread between them. This is for easier transition between gear changes.
By the way, they are the same price as my stock ratio rebuilt units letter codes CHE, DFQ and AMC.
My company is named MPG Auto, as in Miles Per Gallon. With gas prices rising, we all need the best mileage we can get. The future is in high MPG transportation and that is why I offer these lower geared transmissions.
I have both stock and lower ratio units on the shelf.
I will also modify the AGB and 2Y earlier models at your request. These models are $895 exchange either stock gearing or modified gear ratios.

Delivery available.
Open Monday through Saturday 8:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.

Call to discuss details or any special needs you may have. I have gear ratio charts and RPM changes for all of the possibilities that are available.
1-360-675-3939 or
1-360-320-2416 (cell phone) Dave

www.mpgauto.com

I appoligize to the administrator. I did not see the "NO commercial advertisements" in the classifieds title until recently. I will put the same add in the Group classifieds area as I suspect this one will be removed. Thank You for your understanding!