PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mk3 Golf for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Lightbulb Mk3 Golf for Sale

VW Golf 1.8 CL Auto
Completely unmolested original example

Full spec is as follows:

MOT 'til 11th July 09. Tax 'til November 09. 24,000k. Service was due at 22,000 miles but I havent had the time to do it as i have had A-level exams, up until then It was done mostly by volkswagen but a few repairs done by private dealers, the book is stamped. By the looks of the emissions check done on the last mot the CO and CO2 levels were incredibly low, backing up the fact that the engine is only just broken in. 5 doors, full vw tyre kit in boot, clean interior. Has alarm fitted but was switched off last year because the car was being used so little that when the battery went flat the alarm went off. Since had a new Varta battery and just a matter of switching it back on again. I recently checked all the brakes and gave the hydraulics a full flush replacing with DOT4. Tyres have a good amount of tread on them but two may need replacing soonish as there are slight cracks appearing in the side walls. Exhaust is fine may have a few pin-***** sized holes but was replaced in the last two or three years. Gearbox fluid will need a flush probably at 40,000 but gearbox is sound and kickdown works well, no lag. All engine pulleys and belts are either in very good condition or have recently been replaced, not sure. The car was broken into about 12 years ago when the car was parked in london and the radio was stolen, VW dealt with this issue and the repairs totalled a VW cover plate being fitted. Had new wiper blades last week.

Looking for £850 but open to offers. Viewing is welcome, located in Watford, Herts. Otherwise i'll swap for a Series 2,2a or early 3 land rover :P. 07790 684 167 evenings and weekends. Will not take witheld numbers. jamesmw@sky.com.

Cheers

James

Last edited by JimMW; 05-18-2009 at 02:19 PM.