PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

i'm sorry if i'm in wrong section,1970 beetle value question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Default i'm sorry if i'm in wrong section,1970 beetle value question

my great aunt has a 1970 beetle that she inherited from a friend who bought it brand new in 1970. it has been randomly started and driven,but mostly has sat for 4-5 years under a car cover.i offered to help her sell it because she doesn't use it.i checked it over 5-16-08.this is what i found.i have car knowledge but mostly fords.the pros are 1:runs good 2:steering seems good 3:don't know best way to describe but prettydamn good interior. 4:body good also see cons5:i didn't look to in depth at itbut i beleive she still has factory papers and stuff. 6:i saw only minor oil leakage wasn't dripping just a hanging drip or two never saw themdrop. now the cons 1:definately needs brake work, brakes are (dragging or sticking) and don't stop you very well2:ifilled it with fresh gas and i smelled gas later on think its coming from tank but it wasrainy today so i couldn't investigate,not coming from underhood i replaced dryrotted fuellinethere and filterbefore i started it. 3:some minors like wiper blades and maybe a tail light bulb or two.4: rustmostly undercarriage.5:tires have good tread butare dryrotted. i told hershe might want to sell as is or i would try to fix things starting with the brakes and i'm thinking that cutting the rust out is gonna cost her more than she can sell it for. i really appreciate any and all help fellas i basically want to know what she can get for it reasonably.i know that if someone who responds who might want it might fudge what thevalue of it is, no offense, imaybe would but please give your honest opinion of what it is worth, do it for a good guy and a nice old lady.i'd like to thank ya'll again