PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

969 VW Squareback - Beautiful! $8500 firm

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Default 969 VW Squareback - Beautiful! $8500 firm

Well here it is! You guys wanted to know if I ever sold this car... and now I have to!

I drove this car today and had to cry... I really don't want to sell it but I must. I just got back from the trip from hell to Cali... my stupid Jeep blew the motor on the way down to Bug-O-Rama in Sacramento. Ya, there goes 4500 dollars, then the stupid truck that the dealer gave me for a loaner for the weekend got hit in the mall parking lot in Eureka, another 600 bucks. I had to borrow 5k from my in-laws. I really need to sell this to get out of their debt. I see no other alternative. So here it goes. This beautiful car is going to bail me out, like a good friend.

History:
This car was purchased by Fred MacMurray in 69'.... from what it looks like on the title he owned it until 8-30-90. He drove this to the set of "My Three Sons" I got a hold of this Fred Fan site and they said it was rumored he was so cheap on the set he packed his own lunch and drove a VW. (prob this one)
He sold it to a lady in Oregon and then it was sold to a couple in Portland who did most of the resto work (she worked at DDB in Portland) and then sold it to me.

The Car:
Again the owner before me did most of the work... the interior including:
Low-back seats - was low back in euro unlike the high back vinyl in the US.
Heated seats - a sweet product that DDB sells. ooohh toasty!
new headliner
interior panels
and carpet set including the front trunk.
The inside looks brand new.
the dash is all good no cracks
the steering wheel is the OG so its a little worn.... looks good though
Instrument cluster looks good the lights keep burning out though.
Its missing the center for the shifter ****.. Im gunna put something in there... maybe a coin or something.
all the rubber is new.. although in a few places it's kinda cracked. Nothing major but just trying to be honest. It all looks new but if you get real close you can see them a little.

The car was OG repainted by the owner prior to me.... She and DDB did all the body work and prep then they repainted it. It looked great until some dipsh%# took a razorblade down the side and so it got one more repaint. This was last winter so it looks GREAT! That being said their is a few flaws. If you look REALLY close you can find like 2 or 3 spots where it is not perfect. It drives me crazy but unless you knew they where there you would not see them.

The motor and tranny are OG as far as I know. There is a small oil leak....I suspect it's the pushrod seals. It always is. I have a wicked bad back and its hard for me to do any work on it. It would be an easy fix. But, that being said, it drives and runs great. Stops good, the e-brake works good (they do squeak a little... I had it checked and they where fine they just squeak!)
It does have an after market exhaust... I know it doesn't float everybody's boat but I didn't put it on.
There are a few things that could be done, that could be changed and whoever ends up with it will prob tweak it a bit I'm OK with that... I just ask that please only email if you are really interested I explained a lot in this ad and I can't think of much more to say about it. I just want it to go to a good home! This is VERY important to me....I have already turned away a few prospective buyers because I didn't get a good feel. Please no low ball offers, I need to sell this car but it is my baby and I'm not going to give it away. Thanks for looking. I'm also open to partial trades. I need to get at least 6k in cash but the rest could be trade for another VW or possibly a scooter that I can ride on the hwy. (I'm going to school soon and need something I can drive back and forth.) My email is fostergump@hotmail.com.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ump/ehh063.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ump/ehh030.jpg