PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1983 GTI for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Default 1983 GTI for Sale

The Rabbit has 228,000 miles on it. The body is in average condition, with the worst and only rust spots being in the rear lower quarters around the fender flares. The sunroof works like new and doesn't leak at all. The interior is in good condition, with the drivers seat being worn through on the right side bolster. The passenger side window needs to be re glued to the window channel, so it will roll down properly. The tachometer works intermittently.The column needs a new plastic bushing to keep the steering shaft from rattling when the vehicle goes over large bumps. I haven't felt any excess play in the steering despite the bad bushing. The engine is all original with a tune up done in the past year. The oil sensor does alarm when sharp corners are made, but the oil is full to the proper level, so the sensor needs to be replaced. I feel that this is a good find for someone who is mechanically inclined and is willing to work with a 26 year old car. It is not perfect, but what I have seen of Rabbits from this era, this is one of the only that has been left completely stock. I enjoyed driving it and was never unimpressed with its quickness and agility. I am selling it because I just bought a house and my project list is a little too long now. If you find yourself still interested in the GTI, email me at RBNSNW@yahoo.com. My asking price is $2100.00, and this is negotiable. I do have pictures that I can email to you, if you wish.