PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1981 Rabbit Pickup VW Diesel 5-Speed “Caddy” FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Default 1981 Rabbit Pickup VW Diesel 5-Speed “Caddy” FOR SALE

Volkswagen : Rabbit Pickup VW Diesel 5 - Speed “Caddy”

This is a 100% running 1981 VW 5-speed Diesel “Caddy” Pickup.

History:

The vehicle was owned and given to me by my uncle. He completely updated any necessary parts that needed to be. He is a VW enthusiast and also a Porsche/VW/Audi technician. It was 1 of 3 Volkswagens he collected and babied. He also had another one but used it as a parts car. He bought his 4th VW (another late model diesel) so he decided to give me his baby. The previous owner of this car owned a communications company, he also had a few of these rare cars.

Condition:

This car runs as good as probably when it first rolled off the assembly line. I garaged this for most of the time but started driving it to work daily when gas prices shot up. The odometer stopped at 68K mi. but everything else on the dash works including the clock. I am guessing the mileage on this is 130-140K mi.

Enough of the blabbing, you can see this for yourself…bring a mechanic, a VW expert, or a handyman…I am not a good car salesman so I hope the car and its condition sells itself…in fact, if it doesn’t sell, I might just give it back to my uncle or keep it and sell one of my other cars.

Advantages:

It’s a diesel. It gets about 40-50 mpg, depending on your driving habits. The insurance on this cost me less than a week’s lunch. I fill the tank up first of the month and don’t have to refuel until two months later! Even then, I would still have a little less than a quarter tank. My commute is about 25 miles/day.

Included:

· 1981 VW Pickup “Caddy”, 5-speed, diesel
AC works, Heater works, radio works.
· VW OEM Cab Cover
· VW GTI Front air dam, flexible rubber. (not installed)
· VW OEM Spare tire with bracket
· VW Brackets (I think this is used by contractors who carry long stuff?)
· VW OEM gaskets, oil filter, parts, parts, parts.
· VW (Corrado?) shift **** installed.
· VW OEM pedals (just purchased from eBay)
· Awesome book about how to maintain and operate VW Diesel cars
· VW OEM solar battery charger
· VW Strut bar installed
· HUSKY Stainless Steel cab (like new)
· Plus more, I can’t think of right now.

Touch Ups:

Being this is a ’81 car, there is some rust on certain corners of the body. The inside of the bed is peeling. The interior carpet ripped, but can be placed back in with maybe adhesive or sewing. When it rains hard, there are maybe 4-5 drips of water on the passenger side floor…this may be remedied by the included gasket…I did research on the internet about this problem and it is common for this car…it’s not a puddle, just 4-5 drips of water…some say it could be the corner of the windshield rusted and pulled away from gasket. Other than the mentioned above, everything is fine.

Reason for selling (sniff, sniff):

I live in a town home and association will not let me park our third car on the street. We have a two-car garage so someone’s got to go. My parents will not allow me to store this at their house so I am really sad to have to let it go.

Price:

You can shop around and look on eBay - Completed Auctions for what these go for. I think this is the best running ‘81 Diesel you can find. I got a quote from a body shop to overhaul the entire exterior, it was about $800…including removing rust, shaving off antennas, and respraying the entire body with the original white.

However, engine wise, I think mine still tops all. I think this is very reasonably priced at:

Selling Price: $2,800 with all the parts listed. I have plenty more pics....email me if seriously interested. Thanks.

[URL=http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1332cc9.jpg

Old 07-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Default RE: 1981 Rabbit Pickup VW Diesel 5-Speed “Caddy” FOR SALE

SORRY, SOLD!