Frozen windows on Eos

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Default Frozen windows on Eos

Is anybody having problems with the windows not dropping on the Eos with the frost??? my windows are sticking up and preventing me from getting in?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Angry Eos frozen windows

Had this problem this morning. Temp -3.5 Celcius. Opened passenger door but glass stayed at the "drop Level" when door was closed. Passenger attempted to close window using electric button, trying to raise then lower window. No luck. Then tried driver's side electric buttons but passenger window still not responding. Was en route to a scheduled meeting in Edinburgh so couldn't stop to investigate/fix. Whilst driving along Motorway window slowly opened and could not be closed -B***** cold!! On arrival, and attempting to lock car window found to be completely loose i.e. could be opened and closed by applying light pressure. Had to leave car with window in closed position and hoped that no passers by would realise window could actually be opened!! Fortunately on returning to car it ,and contents, were still intact! Had to drive 70 miles home again with window open. Eos Currently in locked garage whilst I determine how to resolve problem. It looks like the raising/lowering mechanism appears to have separated due to frost holding the glass. I think this is a fault in the window design of the Eos and wouldn't be surprised to learn that Eos owners, living in Winter -0 temperatures could be experiencing similar problems. I hope VW are keeping note and should recall all Eos's in order to sort this.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Jpc

Yes every time it is cold. Garage told me to use hot water!
Also problem that. One window goes down but passsenger door window goes down! Seems to have desynchronised after cold! Any help/ ideas please?