Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

VW Dealerships corruption rampant.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Default VW Dealerships corruption rampant.

VW Dealerships across the country are posting the following text on their websites:

"Warranty

Confidence guaranteed.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. That’s why we design our comprehensive warranty around you, the driver. Of course, because a car is a complex product made up of thousands of smaller parts, there’s always the small chance a problem could occur. Because of this, our warranty ensures that a defect is repaired without you having to pay any extra costs. The new car warranty lasts four years or 80,000 km, and the warranty against rust perforation as long as 12 years with unlimited mileage."

This text is patently false. It is truly False Advertising from a dishonest company. And here's why:

Volkswagen in it race to be the number one car dealer in America has inadvertently manufactured a very large percent of its cars with a suspension defect that they refuse to fix. The rate of defect is so high that Volkswagen has determined the defective cars are too expensive to fix, rather they have decided to dump these cars with defective suspensions on unsuspecting customers who make the mistake of walking into a Volkswagen Dealership.

In fact, our understanding is that these defective cars have a mark down incentive to the dealers, encouraging dealers to dump them on unaware customers. Volkswagen hopes the duped customers won't notice the defect, or if they do then they will refuse to fix the defective cars. The trade-off for Volkswagen of pissing off a few customers and/or fighting a few lawsuits is much less then the cost of having to fix all their defective cars.*

They can do this because the suspension defect is not a safety Hazard, and as a result the government will not get involved.

I, the author of this e-mail, am a victim. You can read my story at: VW Fraud Class Action.

Ken Boulange
VW Fraud Class Action

Old 08-11-2015, 01:39 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems. You are not alone in your frustrations.

My father-in-law took his Jetta to his dealership for an inspection. They passed the car, but told him that he would soon need all new brakes and rotors. I gave him the parts to take home with him, and about a month later I got a phone call from him. "I've been lied to!" he said. There was nothing wrong with his brakes and rotors.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:59 PM

Sometimes I wonder why dealerships and repair shops do this sort of thing. Word-of-mouth gets around and, for God's sake, there is Yelp, Google+, DealerRater, etc. that they can be trashed on!

Old 12-20-2019, 12:17 PM

In fact, our understanding is that these defective cars have a mark down incentive to the dealers, encouraging dealers to dump them on unaware customers. Volkswagen hopes the duped customers won't notice the defect, or if they do t>my ip birthday wishes tneb ill refuse to fix the defective cars. The trade-off for Volkswagen of pissing off a few customers and/or fighting a few lawsuits is much less then the cost of having to fix all their defective cars.*

Last edited by paityda; 12-20-2019 at 04:50 PM.