Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Please help, gps software for vw golf radio needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Default Please help, gps software for vw golf radio needed

Hi there to all members, just joined the forum and was wondering if anyone could please help me. I'm new to these gps radios so please bare with me, I'm trying to get as much help as possible and would appreciate help explained in a simply to understand manor please.

So I got a complete car radio for my vw golf gti 2011 model, this things is brilliant as it has dvd, bluetooth, plays my ipod and looks just great. The problem I have is that I don’t know which software will work with it. The place I got it from said that I can use any wince 5.0 gps software and they also explained how to install the software, I just have to set the path to the installation file. Unfortunately the store doesn't sell software and only advised me that I can use the following software: tomtom navigator 6, igo8, ndrive9, garmap, polnav etc.. They insisted that it must be wince 5.0 compatible as this is a system requirement.

I've downloaded many different software and version but all fail to install, so I basically have an awesome system that looks great but the most important function (gps) I cannot get to work.

Here's the link to the radio that I got, hope this helps.

If anyone could point me in the right direction with regards to the best software to install and how to install it, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks, Paul

Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 AM

I would suggest you to search it online.I am sure you'll get some details about how to install it.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:16 AM

Thanks for your reply but it really doesn't help much and if you read my post carefully, you'll see that I've already searched/downloaded and tried to install several versions which have all failed to work..

That's why I'm asking if someone here knows which version/s I should be looking for. If I'd found the answer I wouldn't be on a forum asking for help