Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

turbo vr6

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Default RE: turbo vr6

then you obviously dont know performance. i went to ranken for college its the #1 automotive school in north america. we have an advanced engines class taught by old nascar techs, avid performance techs and so on. NOS is the same thing as a turbo in reality. if you blew your block you didnt set it up right or you didnt build you engine right. theres 2 ways to build an engine, 1 for boost and a small shot of NOS. or you can build everything forged and make a solid engine with a bored and stroked engine and put a high shot of Nitrus. if you want to go below 10 you need it. its extremely safe if you know how to do it. everyone i went to school with and all my teachers said if you want your car to be quick after you boost it and upgrade the parts of your car to handle the HP and boost, you need a bottle. the 4 major causes of nitrus blowing things is 1) you have too big of a shot for the size of the engine 2) you didnt build your engine strong enough 3)you didnt set it up right and the jets are too big or too small 4) the activation mechanism goes off by human error, such as a horn activated switch. trust me on this, nitrus is not cheating or bad. goto vwvortex.com and ask all the VW techs and racers and tuners over there and say nitrus is cheap ricer way to get HP. in essence its the same a boosting the car. your compressing air to put into your cylinder. a turbo does it by forcing it by turbine/compressor into the intake mani. a NOS does the same by supercooling the air to contract the airparticles so much that you can fit alot more air into you intake mani that its the same as when you force it in. now im not trying to pick a fight, but this is a fact. its got a bad reputation because alot of people think its a ricers cheater for HP, or that its dangerous. anotherthing, go watch pinks on speedvision. i have never seen a car that they had racing on there without a NOS, thats gotta tell u somethen off the bat. so thats all i needed to say tho.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:28 AM

I've been racing for 24 years and there is no such thing as "cheating " horsepower. NOS is a tool of the well informed, not cheating. You still have to know how to set up a proper system in order for it to work, just like any turbo, supercharger, carb, injector, camor ANYTHING else you can name as far as performance parts go!! Some oldtimers still think turbos and blowers are cheating 'cause its not all motor. Oh well, I'll see you FROM the winners circle. Fast is Good!!

Old 12-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

The main point that I was making, I know what Nitrous does, and how it works. I was simply saying that it's a cheap, easy way to make HP. Me being from Detroit, we build all motor vehicles, whether we put a blower and forced induction on it, whatever. Unless there's a rice burner, you race for money, or you live on the track...we don't use Nitrous. I know guys back in Detroit who will build all motor vehicles just to prove a point to the guys who have Nitrous in a street car, which is illegal. The bottom line....Nitrous is HP in a bottle, it's cheap and easy...enough said.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:37 AM

i live my life a qurter mile at a time

Old 12-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

LMFAO!!! OMG, no you didn't....that's some funny shizzle..

Old 12-21-2006, 11:11 PM

LMFAO I just read the whole thread and that was the best part of it. And I enjoy seeing people pissed at eachother ( as long as i'm not invoved) I think nos is just somewhat of a toy and should be used for playing or for correcting a mistake. I don't race or even drive (yet) but thats my oppinon of it so far. talk to me in a few years when I have my lisence and some cash. :P

Old 12-24-2006, 09:03 AM

i have at mate running a 351ci windsor in a Ford Falcon XW GS that makes 280kw@the rears, then adds a 180hp shot of wet nos to run 10 sec quarters on street tyres.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:21 PM

i can't remember what kit i saw but it specifically stated that you would not need to change your internals in order to use the turbo kit, yet again im not sure what psi you would be running at so i dunno,i have a gti vr6 i would go with a super charger....ive heard that its easier on the engine

Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM

I have a dohc 24v vr6 and I want 2 go turbo. I need advice.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:00 AM

I have a dohc 24v vr6 and I want 2 go turbo. I need advice.

Quick Reply: turbo vr6