New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Bearing and wheel speed sensor issue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 11:23 AM
Angry Wheel Bearing and wheel speed sensor issue.

Hi all, I have a 2012 Jetta 2.0L manual trans with 180K miles.

iim having this issue where the break light, ABS, tire pressure, traction control and airbag light are all on. In fact, once I go over 20 mpg the bar beeps 3 times.

I went to some local shops to try and diagnose the issue, they told me it was the wheel speed sensor. I change both rear sensors and it didn’t shut the lights off. So I have been driving the car around for some time until I had a moment to try and fix it again. I went to the dealership to have them diagnose it and they said it’s the wheel bearing and sensor.

I ending up replacing the parts myself because the dealership wants a few grand to do the work.

i replaced everything and it took away the brake light and the beeping stopped, however every once and a while the tire pressure light blinks and the ABS, traction, airbag light turns back on. They stay in until I shut the car off and turn it back on. They will turn on again after some time of driving, which can be after 20min or 1hr of driving.

I need to understand what else could be the issue given the back the sensor and bearing are new.