New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Default Upgrade Advice

Greetings fellow V-Dub'ers

As you can see I'm a newbie to the forum however I'm driving my 9th VW since 1978.

I'm hoping to get some good direction here for shopping after market performance parts in the US but I'm not totally against over seas purchasing I was just hoping what I'm looking for could be found stateside.

I'm wanting to redo/upgrade several things on my 1995 Golf City, 2.0 4cyl with 153,000 miles on her my engine has just broken in however my peripherals have gone south. I need a new AC unit however we are coming up on Winter and I'm going to save this one for next year.

What I'm wanting to buy now are:

Exhaust System (I want something free flowing but not too loud, just a nice tune)
Suspension System (not wanting to go with coilovers but I would like street perform with 1.5 frt drop and .5 rear drop. I think I want upper tie and front sway but I'm not positive!)
Possibly a P-Chip
On the cosmetic side I'm looking for a Mattig Honeycomb mesh grill (if those can even be founf any longer)
Type 4 headlights for MKIII
Smoke fog light lenses for stock MKIII bumper
Clear tailight lenses for MKIII
Enterior mods I would like are the brushed aliminium ***** and handles

This should sure get me started, I just have too string an engine to go out and buy a whole new car and get under a car note if you can relate to my logic besides I Love My Car

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Dub

Old 10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Default RE: Upgrade Advice

welcome, if you havent already done so you may want to move this post to another thread, may get more responses