New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so the other day i was walking down the street

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Default so the other day i was walking down the street

Ok, you caught me. The title has nothing to do with me being new to the site. But I had to write something down to grab your attention. I am completely new to VW. I never worked on one, I've never even driven one until i made my recent purchase. I now have a 2008 VW GTI. It's a 2.0 turbo charged 6-speed standard transmission.

I have, on the otherhand, worked on many other vehicles. All American made of course. So you can imagine the look on my face when I pop open the hood to my MK5. I'm use to big V-8's sitting in a much larger engine compartment of my trucks. I traded in my 2002 Ford F-150, that has/had; 6"lift, 35" tires,front road armor bumper, winch...ect, ect.

So I would like it if anyone out here on this site who has even the smallest amount of knowledge on how to work on VW's to help me learn the German ways. Thank you.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 PM

The German way is to make it so complicated that you have to buy special parts and tools and consult with special import mechanics! Trust me i'm on my third VW ! But then again I'm a girl and not so mechanically inclined. Congrats on the VW purchase, you will not be disappointed!!