New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions/suggestions needed on TONS of problems with 2006 Passat

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Default Opinions/suggestions needed on TONS of problems with 2006 Passat

Bought a CPO 06 20k mile VW passat that is a piece of crap & literally had everything replaced within 6 months - a few of them within 3 DAYS of purchasing the car. From entire AC system to radio to ignition module to steering column, instrument cluster to heater, gas tank dropped & replaced, fuel injectors I believe, coil packs, fuel lines, radiator leaking, water pump, driver door handle because it stopped working & had to crawl in passenger side!! Driver door striker as well on a different occasion, almost all suspension parts, rear struts, the list goes on and on.... Those are just off the top of my head but almost every moving engine part, suspension, & electrical item was replaced, yet something else manages to fail! Though it didn't cost anything, still a hassle and most of all an incredible frustration!!

Logged complaint about two months ago with Central Region Rep Addie/Addy at VW North America. She credited ONE (1) payment of sub-$400. Logged another complain late last week after car DIED on freeway at speed in the middle of nowhere, amidst traffic - this is not the first time either!! That problem causes a hazard, risk of injury to myself, as well as someone slamming into the back of car causing accident and damaging the perfect, repaint free vehicle I unfortunately drive. Not only all those reasons, but a stalled vehicle blocks up traffic.

I do not believe lemon law buybacks apply to used CPO cars, especially in AZ/NE (dual residency) - however I would like at LEAST one year of payments credited to my account for troubles/frustration/loss of work/time/effort/hassles. Addie is refusing to help anymore after the one payment two months ago, does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Oh by the way, an associate of mine that owns commercial property here in town has allowed me to park car on his lot - with pictures of lemons posted all over it, and printed copies of this problematic summary. I have already steered away THREE people from purchasing VW's - and going to make it my personal mission to cost them as much business as humanly possible, for the REST OF MY LIFE, as I have nothing more to lose. Best regards all.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:32 AM

Hello and welcome here.I have no idea to give any suggestions.