New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie - need some advice!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Default Newbie - need some advice!

Hey, first of all let me introduce myself - I'm Alix, I'm an architect and I love Golf's.. particularly Mk2 GTi's ..

Now I know it's very cheekty to ask for advice in your first post but here goes...

Up until last night I owned a very nice MK4 1999 1.4L Golf.. Sounds crap? Looked immaculate! I spent a lot of time on it over the last month sanding and t-cutting and spraying and generally making my car look and feel better. I had a reconditioned gearbox, new clutch and front and rear brake pads done in May/June to improve how my car drove (some might say what's the point it's only a 1.4!).. I also had a K&N Viper induction kit fitted. I have to say I gained about 4-5BHP on it with that

Anyway, last night whilst driving to a friends at about 10pm, some IDIOTS coming back from the oh SO cool Milton Keynes Cruise decided to double overtake me one on the outside and one on the inside of a horrid road that's a lane and a half on either side... Result? Me slamming on my breaks and swerving to miss them both, mounting the verge coming head to head with a car on the wrong side of the road, swerved the other way. Car then spun 180 degrees and came to a stop when it smashed into a road sign..

My drivers door caved in on me, windscreen and my window shattered, both drivers side wheels are popped and my back door popped too... My chassis is twisted so my car is a write off....

Now comes to where I need help. I want to break my car, I have two doors, a DE-BADGED tailgate (which looks mint) all the engine, gearbox, clutch, exhaust, seats, headlights etc to sell and would like to make a bit of money back on it to put towards my next car.

How do I go about doing this bearing in mind I'm a girl (therefore weak lol) I have offroad parking and a garage at home but my car is about 30miles away at a holding yard... My thoughts were to drive a van upto holding yard and get off what I can including my alloys, head unit, cd changer, tailgate and doors and dump them in my garage?

Incidentally if anyone knows anyone looking for anything off a mk4 please contact me via PM it's Flash Red and my god it has some shiny paintwork!

Thanks in advance, will post a pic of the car from yesterday afternoon complete with 15" white alloys, tyre paint, the sexy De-badged tailgate and super glossy paintwork!

Ta

Alix x

RIP Vincent the Vee Dub.