New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Passat Wagon owner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Default New Passat Wagon owner!

Hello everyone! I just bought a new Passat Wagon (2.0T) over the weekend and so far I'm very happy with it. A little shaken by knowing that I have to put premium in the thing!!!! but hopefully the high gas mileage will make up for it. I live in Chicago, so we have one of the, if not, the highest gas prices in the country, so I was kind of freaking out!! I didn't realize it needed premium until after I bought the car. But its going to get double the mileage my old car did, so hopefully it will still be cheaper in the long run.

I think my favorite feature on the car so far is the auto open and close of the hatch back. How convenient! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi!

Rachel

Old 08-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Default RE: New Passat Wagon owner!

hows the 2.0T workin for ya? never been in one but i hear good things.
and gas is ridiculous, im sure we arent at the high end here in Texas, but its really high compared to what it used to be. A little over $3 a gallon right now, but its been a steady climb for a few weeks now. Im not certain about the newest models, but my car get great gas mileage compared to the usual, and thats why i love VW so very much now.
anywho, welcome to the site
-joel

Old 08-14-2006, 04:10 PM

Its working out really nice so far, I've only had it for two days though. I love the idea of a wagon, its got the room of a SUV without the horrible gas mileage. Premium in Chicago I think is around $3.40-$3.50 per gallon...eek! The Passat Wagon is supposed to get 31 highway, which is awesome because my Santa Fe (old car) was only getting about 15 towards the end of its run, so I'm hoping to double my mileage! My husband made me feel better about it being premium saying that my mileage should double, but the price of my gas will STILL go down significantly.

Here's to hoping gas doesn't go up. Though I'd hate to take away the billions and billions that gas companies make in profit per quarter. That would just be cruel.

Thanks for the welcome!

Old 08-14-2006, 04:21 PM

hahaha
too true, those poor guys.
My GTI gets an average of about 28 miles to the gallon when i can keep my foot out of the pedal. I have definitely notcied that the less i rap it out and use the turbo, the better my mileage will be. as soon as it spools the gas gets guzzled so im trying to stay out of it when i can.