New member...soon to acquire, 92 Cabrio - Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Old 01-23-2017, 09:46 PM

Default New member...soon to acquire, 92 Cabrio

Hi!... just joined. Will no doubt be reading up and asking some questions in the near future.

Acquiring the 92 in the pic below, probably after winter blows over here in the upper Midwest.
Long story... close friend was a surgeon, this was his daughters car, stopped running, left it behind in his garage. he passed away, but before he did, told me and the wife he wanted me to have the car.
So all I have to do is tow it home. Unknown problem with the engine, but the rest of it looks ok. has been sitting in the garage for an unknown time period, guessing at least 10 years?. Took a few pics ... this was one

Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Post moved to correct section for an intro.

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/
Old 01-25-2017, 08:37 AM

Thanx!
I was heavy into air-cooled bugs back in my younger years.
Had a gaggle of them that I went thru, including a Dune Buggy on a 65 cut chassis updated to 12 volt and a 69 Baja Bug with suspension and body lift kits.

This one I will check out the engine, but figure even if I have to acquire a whole new engine from somewhere to drop in, will still be worth it. I do know it was well maintained before it stopped, and supposedly the rag top and tires were replaced right before it went into storage
Old 05-15-2017, 04:52 PM

..and so it begins. Bringing her home.