New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here and I bring an '85 golf project car with me

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Default New here and I bring an '85 golf project car with me

Hey everyone,

Last summer a friend of mine was in a tough spot with his '85 golf that had broken down and didn't run at all. At the time he wasso busy and poor and desperate that he bought my '93 Ford Taurus from me for $1000 and drove for the couple of weeks between when school ended and his new job started.and needed something. Then when he got his job he upgraded to an '02 Jetta.

In the mean time his old golf sat in the parking lot at the university dorms all summer and eventually recieved a number of parking tickets and a letter stating that it would be disposed of as an abandoned car and my friend would be charged a disposal fee as the registered owner. My friend told me to go load it up on my trailer and haul it off and he would give it to me for free if I wanted to fix it. I loaded it up and brought it here and a week later the title arrived in the mail.

After much debate about what to do with the car I've decided to go all out and fix her up. I will have plenty of pictures to share of the process, plus I've picked up a 1.8L 16V engine for it that I'll be rebuilding for it.

One thing I think I'd like to do up front that I've seen done in pictures and whatnot is to upgrade to a newer fuel injection system and DIS. I look forward to discussing the project and getting ideas. It's good to be in the company of fellow VW enthusiasts.

- Steve