New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Default New here

Well like alot of people on this page im new here. Im getting a 02 GTI VR6 this sunday hopefully. Im looking at buying a Carbonio carbon fiber cold air intake. You guys heard good stuff about this product. Carbonio looks pretty good from what i can tell. Any thoughts?

-Harris

Old 11-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Default RE: New here

first of all welcome and congrats on youre soon to be bought V-Dub.
and as far as the carbonios i dont know... never heard a bad thing but ive noticed a lot of dubbers have them

Old 11-10-2006, 06:20 PM

Thanks. Good to be here. Where did you get your stub antenna and for how much? I think the stock huge antennas look pretty goofy. Btw saw ur cardomain, your GTI looks wonderful. Im probably going to repaint it similar to yours. The one im getting is a much brighter silver.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:30 PM

I got mine from ebay, dirt cheap, i had to clip a few threads off the end so it would fit perfect on the car but easily done. the stockers are a little goofy, no lie and even goofier when people have things on them that weigh them down like ***** cause they do this weird spinning thing...
Thanks for stoppin by my cardomain and for the compliment, shes coming a long but we still have a whole lot to do.
I almost bought a reflex silver one first, but i found this one with the leather and couldnt pass it up for the deal. both colors look very nice.
Throw some pics up when you get the car...
-j

Old 11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

I've never heard of a carbon fiber intake; but speaking of fiber...you guys know where I can get a see-through carbon fiber hood. I got to thinking about weight distribution and saving, and I want a carbon fiber hood, but also I just think it would be so fricken cool to have a see-through carbon fiber hood..LOL. Just throwing an idea out there...

Old 11-13-2006, 07:40 PM

Yeah, the intake has a carbon fiber casing, mostly for looks but the brand is supposed to be pretty good.
See-through as in a transparent hood to where you can see the engine, only seen that a few times but it is BA no doubt.
or see-through to the fiber? looks pretty sweet, but definitely sweeter on a car you can really see the difference in colors like say... red

Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM

Lol i like the idea. That would be pretty cool (a see-through hood.) Bad news is the seller is still out of town and wont be back for a few days so the car has been delayed again[:@]. Im really getting fed up with the waiting. For a bit i thought the car was a hoax but ive confirmed its not. Oh well im gunna hope for this wednesday or thursday now.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:50 AM

Yeah but itll be worth the wait. I was itching to get in mine but had to wait an extra week to sell my truck, well worth it

Old 11-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

OK, I have the red car, with the black windows, black rims, and black tailights. What I wanna know is...Where can I get a darkened, see-through, maybe carbon-fiber hood. I wanna be able to see the motor, but also have a darkened tint to it, just enough to know that it's got a lil tint to the hood. I think it would look sweet, especially if the motor is done nice. I seriously wanna know if anyone has heard of this! I'm gonna get one, if I can't buy one, I'm gonna fabricate something out of Plexi-Glass, or even Lexan, same material that Nascar uses for their windshields. Please let me know...

Old 11-14-2006, 07:39 PM

Ive seen it, but never seen it for sale, im thinkn its pretty custom, what would really be BA is if you could have carbon fiber for most of it and just have the center section of the hood be transparent, im sure it would be difficult to fabricate and all out of both the carbon fiber and the plexiglass/lexan. but man would that be smooth. I wonder about keeping it clean though... how much of an issue if any would that be?