New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your help with VW marketing!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Default Need your help with VW marketing!

Hi,

I work in cable TV advertising for Comcast Spotlight in the northeastern US and for 11 years I've worked closely with a local VW dealership in my market. He's used cable TV Advertising very successfully for close to 20 years! His commercials are well done and funny and I help him target it to the right people and he's built a really strong brand for himself.

Every year I get a report on what VW buys nationally on cable and we typically mimic it on a local level to some degree. For example if VW is buying Comedy Central nationally, my dealer will buy Comedy Central locally.

This year, he's questioning VW's choices. In an effort to think outside the box and help him be in the right places I'm asking for your help...you are the hardcore VW fans he's looking for and you probably know the product better than anyone.

I'm asking you to tell me what your favorite cable TV shows and networks are so I can compare them to what VW buys nationally in the US.

I'm talking about networks like: ESPN, Comedy Central, VH-1, Mtv, USA, TNT, Spike TV,Lifetime, ESPN2, CNN, FX, Fox News, etc...and the programs on these networks.

Your input is greatly appreciated and will really help me tailor this dealer's marketing to the right people so he's not wasting his time and dollars!

Thanks,

Jon