New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm new

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Default I'm new

Hello.
My name is Lena, and I am the owner of a 2001 Jetta- (1.8 Turbo) It's got about 110K miles and it's starting to have a lot of problems. I dropped about $2500 on the engine when my timing belt jumped and absolutely screwed everything else up in Nov. '07. Now, I am having to get all the brakes re-done. I just got the back ones, and asked the mechanic for a mini lesson on how to do the fronts myself. I am going to undertake that project next weekend I suppose. I guess my biggest reason for joining is to learn as many DIY techniques as possible to avoid spending my life savings getting stuff fixed all the time.

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I'm new

Welcome! Ya know what I always do...if something needs to be replaced, and there's a better perfromance product than OEM, then get it. Like I need new rotors and need to do brakes soon. Instead of buying factory, I'm getting cross-drilled/slotted rotors from Brembo. Things like for the motor is really hit or miss, your intake isn't gonna go bad so it would be up to you to get it...but anyways, brakes aren't hard on this car if you have the right tools.