New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello Everyone

Old 11-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Question Hello Everyone

Im a newbie to the forum. I own a 99 cabrio base convertible (non-CA). My daughter drove this baby to a flood. It is now dead. I removed the alternator and starter and both were tested bad so I am replacing them. I also am replacing egr valve, ignition coil, spark plugs. I am also opening the valve cover and dropping the oil pan and transmission pan so I can clean and blow dry the components. I am also thinking of replacing the ecm and tcm. How do I make sure I need to do this and what do I need to know before getting a replacement part (programming, compatibility?..) Im hoping I can salvage the engine and transmission, otherwise Ill be forced to get a replacement from the junk yard. I really need help with advice. Thank you.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 13
Size:  951 Bytes

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/

Old 11-22-2016, 01:34 AM

welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by pmaclan
im a newbie to the forum. I own a 99 cabrio base convertible (non-ca). My daughter drove this baby to a flood. It is now dead. I removed the alternator and starter and both were tested bad so i am replacing them. I also am replacing egr valve, ignition coil, spark plugs. I am also opening the valve cover and dropping the oil pan and transmission pan so i can clean and blow dry the components. I am also thinking of replacing the ecm and tcm. How do i make sure i need to do this and what do i need to know before getting a replacement part (programming, compatibility?..) im hoping i can salvage the engine and transmission, otherwise ill be forced to get a replacement from the junk yard. I really need help with advice. Thank you.
hello. This is marlene. I am parting out my 1999 cabrio at this moment. I'll bet i have all the parts you need to restore your daughters car. Many of the parts are less than 2 years old. Including egr valve. You are welcome to call. 720-371-3055.