New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Default Greetings

Hello all! I just wanted to take an opportunity to introduce myself. I am a lifelong fan of the volkswagen.
My first car was a 1983 VW GTI wolfsburg edition. I had racing cams and exhaust, and gutted the interior. I did all the work on this car myself when I was only 16 years old! It was honestly a piece of garbage.
My next VW was a 77 bug. I slammed this thing down to the ground by clipping the springs LoL! also I took out the back seats and customized my own with plywood, foam padding, and carpet. I even put a neon blue light under the back bumper. I also put on the dual carbs and lightweight flywheel. it was also really a piece of junk.
I havent owned a VW since then, although I have ridden in many and always admired them. But the good news is, a new (used) VW is in the forecast for me! I will be getting a hand me down 99 VW jetta 1.8 turbo, I think its the VR6. This car is in basically pristine condition. I have driven it several times and it is sporty and super fun to drive. I am super excited to be recieving this car sometime in the next few months. Its a gift from my parents, the original owners, to help prepare for their grandchild which is being born in january!
Well thats enough about me, let me just ask to start off, anybody here got a turbo jetta? how do they like it? I picture mine as being the sporty and cool but still gets the groceries home dad car.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Default RE: Greetings

Let me start off by saying that neon doesn't belong on ANY car ever. That being said sounds like you've had some fun with your VW's regardless of them being piles . I have a 1.8T but the VR6 is actually a different motor, it's a V6 with cylinder offsets that makes it closer to an inline engine than a V6 engine. The 1.8T is a really fun motor, cheap to modify, and pretty quick for being stock.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Default RE: Greetings

I also have the 1.8T, i havent done anything to it.....yet, but i plan on it in january when i get out of school. But nice horsepower for being stock. Im getting around 31 MPG if your not on it all the time. I love my jetta and in the future i hope to get another one......maybe a TDI.The germans know what there doing thats for sure.