New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Default FORE!

Ok, the subject line I put in is probably a really bad joke on this forum, but I had to say it.

HI! My name is Matt, but everyone calls me Schmitty. I *will* be a new VW owner, a 1985 Golf 8v 5 speed. I managed to snag it for really cheap and for the price, it's in beautiful shape! I was driving a 94 Plymouth Sundance Duster that managed to pop a head gasket and grind a wheel bearing in about the same time, so I needed something to drive.

I jumped on the local craigslist.org ads and came across an ad for an 85 Golf for a cool 500 bucks. I e-mailed the person in the ad, set up a time to go look at it and test drive it. Turns out she had TWENTY OTHER PEOPLE interested in this car and I managed to get to it first! I put a deposit down on the car and I'm picking it up tonight. Quite honestly, I was very impressed with the shape it was in for being a 22 year old car. Lots of new parts, granted but I am not worried. I know VW's will run forever if the body didn't rust away (and this one has had rust prevention and repair, so I'm in good shape!)

I had really been looking for a 90-94 Subaru Legacy to drive, as I absolutely love the AWD systems on those cars, especially the manual. I could not find one quick enough, but I had to "settle" for this little beauty. I'm quite happy with finding the little Golf, so I'm not entirely bummed at not finding my all-time favorite car. Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love all over again

I am pretty sure I'll be posting again on this forum, as I want to try and keep up on the maintenance on this car, unlike the impossible-to-work-on Duster. Again, good to be here, I'm sure I'll be catching up with you guys soon enough.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Default RE: FORE!

hah... dont hear it on the forum.. but i get it from my friends.
welcome man good to have you

Old 02-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Default RE: FORE!

lol yeah man but try to keep your posts shorter :P welcome aboard