New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post. Hello all

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Default First Post. Hello all

Hi I'm a noob that just bought a VW New Beetle 2001 GLS Sport with the 180HP upgrade. Here are my first impressions of the vehicle.

The 1.8T engine is really peppy. It's the dealer installed chip upgrade that brings it up to the older Audi TT engines at 180HP. It feels that way at least. I tried to boot it a couple of times and it really pulls hard. The drivetrain is solid but the shifter feels really rubbery. Maybe there's a replacement that stiffens it up. It's a harsh ride with the wheels that are on it. The seats are really great huggers. I think VW had an excess of Corrado seats so they put them in these models. hahaha. There is very little trunk space so if we go on a long trip we'll have to put the back seat down. There are very few guages basically the speedo, the tachometer and the fuel gauge. All the rest are lights. This morning I started the engine and a blue light came on and the symbol looked like a coolant low light but that's normal and it's to notify you that it's cold. I guess because of the large amount of headroom it almost sounds like an echo inside the vehicle.

Bottom line on the new VW Beetle GLS Sport 1.8T with the dealer installed Chip and turbo upgrade is it's a quick great handling car with plenty of comfortable room inside.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: First Post. Hello all

Glad you like it, welcome to the forum.