New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Default Advice needed ASAP

Hi there, I am new here, and need some advice. I have a 1972 VW beetle 1300, I have spent £850 through a friend to get it through MOT in March, and another £130 to get, well I am not sure what done. He says it needs a new carb to eliminate a possible problem, but not necessarily going to fix it. I have got it back with no power what so ever, and it cam not be drinven. I am scared putting more money into it. It has MOT till March, and I have been told someone will buy it for £650 to be broken apart ?

I think the body work is ok, but really do not know who to trust anymore ?

Any advice out there ?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:47 AM

I am a professional pilot and the fact is, being a pilot is something that requires a lot of time away from home, dedication, and certain hardships. For me, however, I do love being a pilot. There are many flying jobs, however, that don't require you to spend any time away from home, such as being a helicopter pilot for medevac, charters, etc. You could also be a fixed wing pilot that flies charter airplanes. You would be at home with your family virtually every night. On the other hand, if you went into military or commercial aviation you could plan on spending at least 50% of your nights in a hotel room somewhere. It is a somewhat lonely life. I am 31 years old and still a bachelor. I haven't been on a date in years. I have very largely grown out of touch when it comes to relationships. I no longer know what women are looking for in a man, the only thing that is extremely obvious is that they aren't looking for someone like me. I don't think I could possibly hold up my end of the bargain when it came up to a relationship, being a husband or being a father, at least not while I am in this profession. And I think that becoming a professional pilot has made me this way. However, at the same time, I wouldn't do anything different if I could do it all over again. I have loved it a lot. So really, you have to ask yourself if you are willing to deal with such sacrifices.