GREAT News For VolkswagenForum.com!!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator
Default GREAT News For VolkswagenForum.com!!

It's official! VolkswagenForum.com as joined our other forums as the newest site to sell to Internet Brands.

[/align]

[/align]This is very exciting news because it finally opens up the doors we've been beating down for years. This means new, bigger, better, fasterservers... an entire tech team to solve issues for the forum as they happen. This means more features for the sites, things you've all been asking for will most definately be addressed in due time. This means gear for the sites, apparel, decals, and more.

[/align]

[/align]The biggest thing we and the new owners from Internet Brands {fromnow on known as IB in this post}want to stress is... we are NOT "going Corporate". The forum isn't changing staff, rules or best practices.Amanda and I are not going anywhere... we are staying with the forum and will be working with IB to bring everthing to VolkswagenForum.com that has been discussed over the years... and hopefully some new things we haven't even had time to think up yet!

[/align]

[/align]We want to thank Ralph for giving VolkswagenForum.com it's start and bringing us to this point, but it's time to move onto bigger, better things and take VolkswagenForum.com to the next level.

[/align]

[/align]With your support, we can do this. Again, you... the ever important staff that makes VolkswagenForum.com what it is, are not going anywhere. Your places at VolkswagenForum.com will remain, and so willAmanda and I... don't think we will fade away in time... you are stuck with us!

[/align]

[/align]Please post any questions within here first so we may address them. Thanks for your time, support and continued effort to make VolkswagenForum.com a mighty force within the world of Auto Forums!

[/align]

[/align]Thank you everyone!!

[/align]

[/align]Amanda & Patrick

Old 02-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: GREAT News For VolkswagenForum.com!!

Hey how's everything going?? Has anyone thought about putting a MySpace together to broaden our viewers?? I could design a page for the members of VWforums to have a central place to post pics and comment. Could be a very helpful tool to expand our markets, and maybe get more sponsors. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your consideration

Old 07-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Patrick, what has happened so far with the IB, and what new things have you done with the site. I've been trying to get in touch with someone higher than myself to discuss some issues but I never get a reply back. I've got members beating my door down for me to get new things, or upgrade things, and I have contacted people and nhave tried to run it up the chain and no presponse. Just wondering what's been happening and if there's a way to discuss things.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Administrator

ive not gotten any emails from you, but i apologize.

we are currently dealing with a software failure across all of the sites running this software...that requires a massive software upgrade, and the first of the test sites has undergone this upgrade, but there were some minor bugs that are being worked out.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

No problem....there's just alot going on, and we are getting no Admin support. I made a MySpace page and so far it's doing well, for being out there for only a few weeks. I sent emails and tried contacting whoever receives the mail when you click on contact VWF. Joelzy has been gone, and so pretty much it's me moderating, JRail has been pretty active and very helpful, Swedish has been helpful answering posts but is upset that we have no support, I'm the only Moderator and I can't add new lounges, and my rights can only go so far. Just wanted to fill you in on what's going on. Thanx for getting back to me!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Administrator

hello..im sorry for not replying sooner. i had a death in the family, and ive been out of town dealing with that, and now im getting caught up. I replied to the email that you sent today, but that is the first that ive gotten from you.

if you would like to add some more mods, im all for that...and we can remove the inactive ones. The software here has become useless, which is why no changes have been made in a while, but the parent company is working on a site upgrade to the newest version of Vbulletin. Once that is installed (i dont have a time frame right now..the company owns almost a hundred sites), we will straighten things out to get you more power. with this defunct software, i change the forum layout from a different site of sorts. the company has upgraded a few of my sites, and they are working their way through the others...

What changes would you like made? if the software will allow it, we can certainly make changes to the forum...and im willing to make the changes that you think will help the forum.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

WHOA! Sorry about the death! I can't tell you what a relief it is to here from someone who's one of the first ones on this site. I learned everything from you & JSD, which isn't around either. There's some lounges that I'd like to add like a DIY lounge. There are also the sponsor stuff going on, which I think will launch this place through the roof! Have you had a chance to check out the MySpace page I made? I have over 10 car clubs, performance parts sites, and members from our forum on our MySpace! I'm tryingto take this whole thing to a higher level, but like I said before, I can't add sponsors, lounges, clear up like 6 year old posts, and do some of things I have planned without Admin support, or at least more right than I do now.

I really, really appreciate you getting back to me, I can finally take breath knowing that you guys are still out there.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Amanda wrote you about the sponsors, as that is all handled externally...but we can certainly move sections or add them...so what needs to be done?