Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

leather

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Default leather

i have leather!! this is my first car with leather. i always said i would only drive nissan, but you can see the quality is much better in the vw. im very happy with my new purchase

Old 04-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Default RE: leather

i often wonder...alot of people dont like leather...but i cant figure out why...

Old 12-22-2005, 07:09 AM

It's probably because they havent got it

Old 12-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Jsd

No the reason most don't like leather, is because it scoffs easily, extremely cold in the winter and cracks over time, and in the summer can get so hot in the sun you could fry an egg on it....

That's the reason I don't like leather.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:30 PM

I love my leather, but JSD is right, its cookin just about everytime i get in there, maybe my fault for buying black leather in Texas and any skin that touches it will inevitably stick. None the less i wouldnt trade it for the world.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:10 PM

I like leather.. mostly.
except for the sweat factor...
and if the leather is black. Not too into baking my butt every time i get in
Leather, is nice to have though. It doesnt stain easily..and its easy to clean.

I have leather interior in my ford explorer, which is awesome for offroading because if mud gets on the seat.. i wait for it to dry and it flakes right off without a problem

Old 11-23-2006, 07:07 AM

as a detailer, i love leather.
even the dirtyest stained, and generaly grubby leather, with a little degreaser, and a scrub will clean up to a brand new condition, where most fabrics, if stained badly enough, will almost always leave a slight stain visible.

Tips for cleaning leather.
[ul][*] Degreaser, diluted to 1:1, spray full coverage to leather.[*] rub with scotch pad, all the dirt will come out.[*] chamois dry.[*] tyre shine to taste, wipe excess.
[/ul]

Old 11-30-2006, 02:24 PM

thanks for the info, im sure it will prove useful at some point.
im not digging my leather right now, only because its snowing probably the one time for this year in Dallas, and the seats are freking freezing, wish i had remote start for the car that way when i got in the heater would be on and the seats would be toasty. not really worth it for a once a year occurance

Old 11-30-2006, 07:37 PM

It may be worth it anyway Joelzy. if you know its gonna be hot you can always set the ac and have everything cool.

I don't mind leather interiors. Its not something that I love or hate. It makes no difference to me.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:05 AM

true, but ive always heard that its hard to work that into a standard transmission, being as you must have the clutch in to start, or i suppose leave it out of gear, but then you have to really rely on your ebrake,
any knowledge on this?

Quick Reply: leather