Intake, Header and Exhaust Custom exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Intakes

Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Default Intakes

ok...so i just got an 03 GLI stock...looking to start off with an intake..i found a few intakes online for example this option racing cold air intake option racing intake
and i found this aem cold air intake aem intake. i am strapped for cash at this time so i'm leaning for the option racing intake because it's way cheaper than the aem? what should i do?

Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Default RE: Intakes

check out ese tuning they have a good intake and you can get it color matched to your car, but if you want to add a little hp for cheap, go buy a k&n cone filter and strap it to your maf housing till you can afford the full intake and then you will have the k&n filter to put on your cold air intake when you get it

Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 PM

wow..these ese tuning intakes are sick..right now they're out of stock but i love how they focus on vw's..i'm deff hopping on one of those for my GLI

Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 AM

yeah they are pretty dope, i love how you can get those and other parts color matched to your car, i got there heat sheild intake and got it color matched to my jetta it really looks great in my engine bay

Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 PM

whats a good intake to run on an 02 Jetta? how much is the aem cold air for your jetta????

Old 05-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

You can make an intake for the car. There was a thread on here like last year or something that talked about it...it uses the stock intake box, remove the tube in front of the headlight, and I snaked the pipe down there. They have a K&N filter that will fit in the stock box and it works like a champ.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:17 PM

Well that souds aight, but I would rather run an AEM cold air on it . . . How does that Dimond mesh grill look on these cars? I seen a Jetta that was a Bora edition yesterday and it had some sick headlights on it, have you ever seen those?