General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passat fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Default Passat fuel issue

I have a 2007 Passat TDI Wagon and love it. 9 months ago it stopped dead and ended up needing a new fuel injector. VW said it was so rare that they had to import it from Singapore (I'm in Oz). 1 week ago same thing appeared to happened but it turns out I now need a new fuel pump. I'm wondering whether the pump could have caused the first issue and whether I have a problem that could be ongoing? I am at the end of the warranty period and don't want to have to deal with this out of my own pocket in another 9 months. Not sure what specific questions I should be asking when I collect the car from the dealership to get a clearer picture of what really might be happening...Any pointers appreciated.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:55 AM

fuel pump fuse. Do a detailed visual, make sure your injectors also have a good ground. I don't have a schematic, but someone may chime in. Make sure the fuel pump also has a proper chassis ground for return.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Default VW injector, death trap

Hi,
We've bought our VW passat TDI 2006, bright new, paid for it about £18,000 , it has only 30,000miles on the clock. We live in the UK.
As we went for our Christmas Holidays with our 9 years old son, the car stopped working suddenly.
We were lucky that we were driving in the country lane and there was no traffic, just hedges, because the speed went from about 40mph to 0mph.
The computer showed us "engine failure", we called the VW assistance and they said that it is the fuel injector failure. We were told that to replace it is about £900 and could be more if there are more than one injectors faulty as there is four of the, also there may be the wiring involved as well.
We are not able to pay this amount of money especially now when there is the recession and my husband is out of work.
Also in our opinion this car is a death trap, as you do not know when it will stop.

It has only 30,000 miles on the clock and we paid lots of money for it, to last only four years, is not right. We also read that there are lots of people having the same problems with the VW Passats.

How did you sort out your problems with the car.

Any advise could help.

Regards

Old 01-06-2011, 04:26 PM

I work for VW and the fuel lift pumps are common to fail if the part number ends in a to d. The new superseded pumps end in e and f and i havent seen one fail yet. As for the coment about the car being a death trap it is complely out of context. Any car can develop any fault at any time no matter age or millage. I also have a 2007 model 2 litre tdi passat with 140,000 miles and i havent had any failure of the sort as i have the superseded fuel pump. In my opinion the vw tdi is a great engine.