General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: if you own a vdubb will your next car be a vdubb as well?
Never again
50.00%
always have and always will
50.00%
up in the air
0%
looking to class it up with an audi
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

One problem leading to another.....HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Arrow One problem leading to another.....HELP?

Okay so a little frustrated with this thing and I am scared to bring it to a mechanic for the following reasons. If you guys have experienced any of these issues or can help me diagnose some of these issues; be much appreciated.

Electrical Issue - Put a radio in the car in late February and everything went well no issues besides the fact that the rear speakers did not work; nor did they when the old stock radio was in the car either. Think something messed in the stock amp. Started blowing the fuse for the radio, or the car would be dead. So I took out the radio and left nothing hooked up and it still killed the battery with no radio hooked up. So than got smart and pulled the fuse for the radio it was fine. Ran fine started okay and you could put the fuse in the radio worked fine as well. Than all of a sudden the fuse trick does not work anymore, radio won't play and the car is dying consistently. At this point I have killed the battery and I know I need a new one but @ 130 bucks a pop I don't want to put a battery in it and not be able to diagnose the issue.

Than...

All of a sudden the wipers don't work one day. The fuse is fine, when I say don't work I mean they jiggle back and forth 1/2 an inch but don't move. If you move them with your hand while its trying to move they work fine. About a week later the wipers are working fine again. For about 3 weeks they worked and now we are back to the wipers not working again.

Also new to the list of issues the car is beeping at me w/out flashing any dummy lights than the ECP light and also at one point the BRAKE light came on... WTF?? haha uggh I'm so frustrated with this thing...as my gf says worst b-day present I ever got for her! I know most of the electrical issues stem from the issue with the radio but the dash lights and the wipers prob something else most likely age.

The car is a 2001 VW Jetta 4 cyl 2.0 litre 5 speed about 125k on it.

Any ideas please drop me a line back or an e-mail JHannon83@gmail.com

Much appreciated