General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Information concerning 1.8 water cooled block and head

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 03:52 PM
Default Information concerning 1.8 water cooled block and head

Hello to the forum, Could any members please provide information on the following topics? The overall height of a standard water cooled 1.8 cylinder block, ie no milling, skimming etc. The same information for the "ABA TALL BLOCK". Also need information for the cylinder head height for a STOCK, (no milling , no surface work,/ or), 1.8 4 valve cylinder head.. Stock chamber volume for the above? Would the service/ workshop manuals from Clymer, Haines, Autobook provide such information? Thanks for any insight and sources of info on this topic!!!!! Jerry

Old 02-05-2022, 12:42 AM

Assuming coolant from your VW is spilling from the water siphon, the inner bearing and seals are probably powerless, and there will be a path of coolant from the siphon locale down towards the engine.If there is steam blowing from the motor, the coolant spill is logical starting from the coolant spine. On the off chance that coolant is noticeable under the vehicle, the radiator is the most plausible offender. Coolant hoses likewise frequently cause coolant spills, since they can be harmed by oil breaks and age. It is ideal to address a coolant issue when you can to stay away from motor overheating.

Kodi nox

Last edited by Ali Nazim; 02-05-2022 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:28 PM

Hi, last year I drove through the steep mountains of Romania, but my jeep could not stand it. How unfortunate to admit. The radiator burst due to overheating. Friends advised best radiator for jeep xj, had to wait a bit with delivery, I do not know what caused this breakdown, but now everything is fine. Now I can travel again, later I'll take a photo of the breakdown of the engine and radiator, there are still problems with the engine similar to yours. Thank you for listening