Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/general-tech-7/)
-   -   How to program your key fob. (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/general-tech-7/how-program-your-key-fob-11462/)

Keithuk 09-09-2012 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by anjumafaaq (Post 58772)
so he gave me some other VW’s key+FOB and told me to get he key part recut at the VW dealership and to reprogram the FOB part myself to save $$$.

You can't programme the new key yourself you need some app that will find the SKC.

Your advertising a locksmith get them to cut the key.

catherine11 01-18-2013 04:13 AM

I agree with you !

williamk1968 06-16-2013 09:02 PM

I don't know more on how to do it exactly, does it fit for any model?

autoexpert 11-08-2013 12:29 PM

Best key FOB

I think this should be here.
You can find volkswagen key fob here :

Volkswagen Keyless entry key programming instructions - ProgramKeyFob.com

MarianoKnisley 11-25-2013 02:53 AM

thanks for all the suggestions as i am good with following them and by the way it is going to benefit me

NorbertoMorris 01-17-2014 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by autoexpert (Post 61146)
I think this should be here.
You can find volkswagen key fob here :

Volkswagen Keyless entry key programming instructions - ProgramKeyFob.com

it is helpful .. i got the suggestions to go right with the key programming .. appreciate it !

aron22 05-01-2014 08:02 AM

Thanks for sharing some solution, really helps...

chasen110 03-25-2019 04:51 AM

if i lost all my keys,how can i program new keys?

paityda 08-02-2019 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mushu (Post 26487)
Hi Racer002

Do these instructions work for the 2001 Bluestacks Lucky Patcher Kodi Beetle?

The reason I ask is because I just got my car and the dealer didn’t have an extra spare key for me…so he gave me some other VW’s key+FOB and told me to get he key part recut at the VW dealership and to reprogram the FOB part myself to save $$$.

And if your instructions do work in my case, can you please clarify which key you are referring to in your instructions? (i.e. which key goes into the ignition, the original or the spare?)

Thanks so much for you help!

In terms of this things,i used to go to a dealer.They know more on how to do it exactly.I tried to search for an instruction but can't find the right one so i decided to let the dealer do it for me.

paityda 10-01-2019 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by mikehussy (Post 32272)
You have to take the key to a local dealership that has Nissan's. They will give you a quote on how much it will cost. Usually these are pricey, but in some incidents they are not. I work at a salvage yard and many of the older vehicles are STILL expensive. The fob itself I KNOW has to be programmed unless its a system you have had installed yourself.

In terms of this things,i used to go to a dealer.They know more on how to do it exactly.I tried to search for an instruction but can't find the right one so i decided to let the dealer do it for me.