General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cheap intercoolers!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Default cheap intercoolers!?!?!?!

so all other ebay you see performance parts like hoods, intakes, rims, lights and intercoolers for super cheap talkin to one of the tech atwork told me some of those company makedamngoodstuff he was tellin me aboutthis company sxperformance with make intercoolers for almost every car but volkswagen and they're super cheap but workvery well.

so my question is doesanyone haveexperiance with a good cheap product but with i saycheap i still talking about 400 buck which isvery cheap with it come to intercoolers

ps i amlooking for an intercooler for agood price but would break my bank

Old 02-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Default RE: cheap intercoolers!?!?!?!

I dont know man, i wouldnt trust super cheap parts that are vital to the motor. given i buy cheap parts all the time, but they are more like wheels, spoilers, headlights you know stuff like that, that dont affect the way teh car runs.
anyone else?

Old 02-12-2007, 12:53 PM

euroman,

I'm with Joelzy. In my opinion, your intercooler isn't the place to pinch pennies - there's too many related systems that need to work for your car to run well. I put a new one on my '01TDI last summer for about $300, so it was still less than what you are expecting. Also, you usually get a warranty with factory stuff. Save money on something else. Just my opinion.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:19 PM

yea i know what you guy are saying i feel the same way about buying sucha inportant partfor socheapbut i have friends who have gone with a company i believe is called sx performance they dont make intercoolers for vw but my buddy got one from them for his dsm and my other buddy got one for his honda and they love thermso i was just seeing if anyone had hear of anyone company that make good intercoolers for cheap(er)

anyway it would be great if anyone know of a intercooler that im not going to have to take i hammer to my piggybank just to buy one i know that i will still be spending alot i just would like to have some money left over to enjoy it you know

Old 02-15-2007, 02:23 PM

ive heard this a few times and kind of like it,
good parts arent cheap... and cheap parts arent good

Old 02-16-2007, 12:44 AM

ok here what would be a good intercooler for $700 to $950 i plan to buy a super60 this spring

Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 PM

not nessicarily. im running a 125 dollar job currently. it works great, and the fmic hasnt had any leaks or water inside, so i think in this area, a 100-300 dollar job is acceptable. The intercooler is a vital part, dont get me wrong... but it is pretty hard to screw one up imho. I have 3 turbo cars currently, all running a cheap intercooler from xspower. (which is prolly the company you are referring to) and yes, they work fine.

now if only i could find a decent piping kit for my gti that doesnt suck. = D