General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 passat tdise judder

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Default 98 passat tdise judder

Hi all,
New to this, hope someone can help......just bought a passat auto tdise 110, on the way home the car starts juddering at 50mph.[sm=jawdrop.gif] I think it does it mainly under strain and at a steady speed. If accelerating or breaking it seems fine. Now 1 solution would be to change my driving habits and speed up and slow down all the time.... and im someone can come up with something better than this!
Thanks in advance [sm=groupwave.gif]
Steve

Old 08-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Default RE: 98 passat tdise judder

stop payment on the check for the car and get it towed back to the dealership. pay the tow truck driver 50 bucks to leave the car right in front of the front door and then just wait. the dealer will call you the next day and work something out with you to get it fixed.

on a side note, was it raining when this happened? my old 96 golf used to do that when it rained. I replaced the distributor cap like 3 times and it turned out it was the coil.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Default RE: 98 passat tdise judder

I like you way of thinking, but this is just a man selling a few cars from home in the middle of no where. He made a mistake though....didnt put sold as seen and tested on the invoice, so if it comes to the crunch i can get a court order. Will see what happens when i go there tonight. 2 options, money back or fix it, i get the impression he wont play ball as this problem apparently just started as i drove it away.
Strange problem tho, its fine at 90 mph, if only i could drive everywhere at 90. only seems to happen at 50ish and steady speed.....every 3 secs it judders[:@]. wont play up till its warm, so didnt notice anything on the test drive.
Patience.... where can i buy some??