Concept & Rumor Mill Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in.

New Gas question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Default New Gas question

So I read this in the "No More Diesels" thread...

"My dealer told me that the reason they are holding off until the 08 models is because of the new lower sulpher fuel that is mandatory starting in 07, It says on the pump where I normally fill up NOT to use the fuel with an 07 or newer car as any of those will be damaged by using the higher sulpher fuel that is available now.

So, VW is working on an engine that can use the ultra low sulpher stuff that will become mandatory in 2007; I just hope this low sulpher fuel will not hurt my 2006 model, but I guess there will be some kind of sulpher additive coming out, will have to check on that when the ultra low stuff is the only diesel fuel available. "

I didn't want to dredge up an old thread, so I'll ask here because I like to ask as many questions as possible to learn all I can about cars, and VW in particular because I'm toying with the idea of getting into the VW specialty program and UTI.

So, it's my understanding there will be a new kind of fuel for 07s? Is this out yet? Is it only for 07 and up, or can it be used for older models? And finally, is this just diesel gas or all gas is getting reformatted? If so, will it have older cars running better?

Thanks ahead of time!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Default RE: New Gas question

I doubt they will make a new fuel type. But deisels were originaly designed to run on veggie oil. Dont try it in a new one because it needs to be heated so it doesnt sludge up and it may f*ck up your computers

Old 11-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Default RE: New Gas question

Your diesel will run on the new low sulfur fuel, all it is, is a
cleaner burning fuel, gasoline is going the same direction, They
wont change things so bad you cant use it, Rudofph Diesel a
German inventor / scientest, developed the diesel engine to run
on low grade fuels which was kerosene . The low sulfur fuels
will run ok, it just gets a little less fuel mileage.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Default RE: New Gas

ok the idea on the new gas the best info. i say well type is that the biodiesel gas. cars like the 1.3l polo is a a wonderful car it runs on soy bean oil that gets a high miles of up to 75 miles per gal. its the best car i think it isn't here yet. VW states the car is going to be here in 2010. i think it would be alot better then diesel. biodiesel runs 87% more effective than ethnol and diesel. so for people to have diesel too worry about he biodiesel is more effective than the diesel or ethnol.
[align=left] [/align]