Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

VW Gamma radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Default VW Gamma radio problems

Hi

I bought a vw gamma radio and cd head unit to put into my MK4 Golf. I previously had a Alpine head unit and changer in there which i have taken out.

When I connected the VW radio head unit to the car, nothing happened. It was like there was no power to the radio.

I was expecting to see the SAFE mode display so i could enter the code but i can't get any display at all. I thought it may be the stereo but then i tried connecting it to a polo and the red LED flashes but still no display.

I am wondering if the wiring on the stereos differ at all and thats what the problem may be?

Anybody have any ideas???? Please help.

Thanks

Hiran

Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Default VW Gamma radio problems

i have had a look in the car and the wires on the iso connectors differ from the number of pins on the back of the head unit.

there are 3 wires spare wires in the car which are not plugged into the black iso connector. They are:

red/white
blue/white
grey/white

the 3 missing wires on the unit are:

MUTE
GA
K BUS

do these coloured wires sorrespond to those pins and if so which colour is which!!!!!!!!!!!!???
and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hiran