Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

omg there IS an aux input

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Default omg there IS an aux input

Just got an iPod and thought it would be cool to be able to play it through my car stereo in my Jetta. I'm planning on putting my old 4 channel amp installed in it but really wanted to keep the factory cd player because I seem to like this one for a factory. Sounds good, decently loud and looks cool. Plus would have to be customized to fit a single dim cd player in it. Wish it had an aux input though.

So I went an bought a Belkin iTrip with recharge. Cost 55 bucks which isn't cheap. Well I tried it and no matter what station I tried setting it to it sounded like garbage. Nothing but static and had to hold it in the air to hear anything and still was awful! So I returned it. I was glad because I was thinking I could just get a new cd player off eBay perhaps for that money...perhaps more depending what kind of deal I had.

I was looking at my 07 reviews of my Jetta trying to research about oil changes when someone wrote a negative that they wished the aux input was on the radio unit and not in the glove compartment. I thought ...wth? I went out to my car. I keep my cd's in the glove compartment since there is no where else all that senseable to keep them. Hold exactly 15 cd's in three rows perfectly. Must have opened it over 50 times changing out cd's and I never noticed the aux input on the right side. I found a 5 foot 1/8 cable, placed it on the side of the compartment, hid it all the way across under the compartment and mostly half tucked in the bottom of the dash where it comes up and can put the iPod by the shifter.

Sounds great. I'm glad I didn't spend money on a cd player or a transmitter that may or may not worked.