Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Need help with HDD issue: any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Question Need help with HDD issue: any ideas?

I hope someone can help me with this. I own a 2009 VW Routan SEL with an HDD (in-dash hard disk drive) system (but not navigation). I loved the system and had uploaded more than 3500 songs to it and enjoyed having all my favourite songs at hand.

A few months back, my battery began to fail (no connection with any system - it was just an old battery), so I took the battery out and put a new one in. Unfortunately, when that happened I lost all music on my HDD system (which isn't that big of a deal to me), but the HDD system now no longer works; I cannot upload any music to it, if I play a CD, it does not offer the button to load the music to the HDD system, and I can't upload music through a thumb drive, either.

The HDD system shows that I have nothing saved and all my memory is 'available', but - as I said - it won't upload anything to it? Is there a fuse that could have burned out? Any ideas why I can no longer upload music to the HDD system?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

We don't have Routan in the UK, where do you live, please add that to your profile?

Please tell us your car spec in your signature