Help with radio issue please. - Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:45 PM

Default Help with radio issue please.

Hi guys. I am happy to join this forum. Our 2011 vw cc was draining battery and we took it to the dealer and they said it was the radio system. Its rcd 510 premium 8. So they removed the power from the radio and battery draining seem to stop. When the power is plugged, radio works fine though. Any ideas? It take about 7, 8 hours to drain the battery I think.

To listen to music or navigation, i have to plug back the power and unplug at night to keep the battery from draining. I tried to remove the fuse instead but I dont know which fuse it is, but i pulled all the fuse one by one from the driver side when you open the door but that did not turn off the radio at all. Pulled all one by one. Any fix for this? And while we figure out, what fuse can I pull to shut of the radio and what location? Its easier to remove the radio all the time and plug/unplug the power. Any help is appreciated so much.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Battery drain is a common problem that you can Google with CAN Bus.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:25 PM

Thank you for the reply. What do you mean by CAN bus? I am completely rookie with this term.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

The CAN Bus Gateway, Google battery drain can bus.