Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Volkswagen Touareg (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-touareg-24/)
-   -   Middle rear seatbelt problem touran, toured or VW Caddy life ? (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-touareg-24/middle-rear-seatbelt-problem-touran-toured-vw-caddy-life-23027/)

colm.mcgettrick 09-19-2010 04:04 PM

Middle rear seatbelt problem touran, toured or VW Caddy life ?

While I am having this problem after folding down the rear seats on a VW Caddy Life, there are other online who have had this problem with tourans and touregs and there is not any sign of Haynes producing a manual for this car. The repair for this can be a 500 euro/dollar labour job plus parts, while some owners expect to be able to push a reset button, often there used to be a call bearing which somtimes jammed and just needed to be reset.

Past experience of VW has been good, put the ideal of forking out such an amount for what should be a fiddily repair would be more than annoying.
Any one have any joy repairiing this problem themselves on a Tourreg Touran or Caddy ? can you supply images of your different stages ?

Keeping un crashed seatbelts working should not be this much trouble in a VW car ?

Regards

Colm

twilight 09-30-2010 04:29 AM

My problem is who buy GTI's,who want's to drive the best also has type to be disturb by rattle.
I often drive with stereo off but no use disappointing to say least.

colm.mcgettrick 10-04-2010 12:07 PM

Middle rear Seat belt jammed : Problem and solution

Hi
Got some feedback on the Club Touareg forum, but though I would leave the solutions here as well.

The rear middle seat-belt on VW Caddy Life has been jammed for a few months, and jammed further while trying to fix it.

The problem arises when the seat is folded down it suck in more of the seat belt then is should, but also when the seat back is not vertical a safety mechanism locks up the seat belt. The solution is the somehow return the back of the seat to the vertical position. ON the VW caddy disconnecting the seat belt from the seat is quite awkward, but it seems much easier to remove the two bolts form which connect the seat to the floor, then to rotate the seat where it is until the back is vertical again, taking care not to stress out the hydrolic arm attached to the seat.

Once the back of the seat is in the vertical , the seat belt can be pulled out and tie an loose knot in the excess while reconnecting the seat to the floor.

To prevent this from happening,
Prevent the seat belt from being sucked in by the retractor when the seat folds down, a tie clip style of device would be good here. It may be sufficient to keep the seat belt locked when the seat is folded down.

Great pity that Haynes UK and US have no plans on producing a book on this car and do not have any on similar cars i.e. the touran, toureg. Hope others can add more problems and solutions to these forums for the VE Caddy Life.

All the best

Colm