Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Volkswagen Polo (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-polo-41/)
-   -   Help - Buying a new Polo 1.2 TSI (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-polo-41/help-buying-new-polo-1-2-tsi-34161/)

dwg1986 11-28-2011 11:14 AM

Help - Buying a new Polo 1.2 TSI

Hi all,

I am interested in buying a brand new 1.2 TSI Polo. Before doing some research, I headed to my local official VW dealer, who gave me a quote. The quote description reads: "Polo Comfortline 1.2 TSI 90bhp M5F Manual".

On the brochure, the only 1.2 TSI engine I can find is 105bhp (not 90bhp). On the internet, I can find no mention of a 90bhp 1.2 TSI engine. When I called the dealer to let him know I cannot find any info, he insisted it exists and that they "very recently started being used in Golf models as well". He also said it would cost me about €2000 more to get a 105bhp, instead of a 90bhp. (???)

Anything I should know about the 90bhp version? Thanks!

Keithuk 11-28-2011 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the forum. Attachment 3331

Well the VW Polo site only shows 1.2 60PS, 1.2 70PS, 1.2 TDI 75PS and 1.4 85PS they don't show a 1.2 90PS.

Polo Spec

In the Polo Engine overview they show a 1.2 TSI 105PS.

You would have to ask the dealer to show you one and give you a test drive.

Yes they use the 1.2 TSI 105PS in the Golf as well.

mwatters 11-28-2011 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by dwg1986 (Post 56721)
Hi all,

I am interested in buying a brand new 1.2 TSI Polo. Before doing some research, I headed to my local official VW dealer, who gave me a quote. The quote description reads: "Polo Comfortline 1.2 TSI 90bhp M5F Manual".

On the brochure, the only 1.2 TSI engine I can find is 105bhp (not 90bhp). On the internet, I can find no mention of a 90bhp 1.2 TSI engine. When I called the dealer to let him know I cannot find any info, he insisted it exists and that they "very recently started being used in Golf models as well". He also said it would cost me about €2000 more to get a 105bhp, instead of a 90bhp. (???)

Can you guys please let me know if he is trying to rip me off? Thanks!

welcome to the vw forum! look forward to hearing more from you!

dwg1986 11-29-2011 10:51 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Apparently it does exist, and it's just got out: New Small TSI VW Polo price | Price Of New Car

No wonder there isn't almost any info about it yet. Now comes the dilemma whether I should get a 105bhp or a 90bhp engine..

Keithuk 11-29-2011 11:25 AM

Well you've obviously gone for the smallest car VW make so I think economy is at the top of your list so I would opt for the 1.2 TDI 75PS as you will have good fuel con with it. I know its less power but the torque will be more.

You should have a test drive in the different versions to see which one suits your driving style.

dwg1986 12-01-2011 11:45 AM

Thanks Keithuk, will take your piece of advice into consideration!

annagrenier99 12-24-2011 05:33 AM

i am taking interast alos i need full your guide. will you help me??

thankss

chillerkid 01-08-2012 08:04 AM

Hello dwg1986, I was having similar issue with 1.2 TSI. I've seen people posting about the 1.2 TSI DSG when the VW salesman told me they dont exist.

Maybe they only exist in other parts of Europe.

I would so go for the DSG model if they do exist in UK.

Keithuk 01-08-2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by chillerkid (Post 57038)
I've seen people posting about the 1.2 TSI DSG when the VW salesman told me they dont exist.

Polo Spec UK

They show the 7 speed DSG on the 1.4 85PS and 1.4 TSI 180PS.

dwg1986 01-09-2012 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by chillerkid (Post 57038)
Hello dwg1986, I was having similar issue with 1.2 TSI. I've seen people posting about the 1.2 TSI DSG when the VW salesman told me they dont exist.

I'm actually from Malta, and when I contacted the official VW UK email, they told me they do not sell Polos with 1.2 TSI 90bhp engines. The only 1.2 TSI engine they have in the UK is 105bhp. So I'm guessing the Maltese agent does not import VW cars from the UK, but from some other country as you said.

markcame 02-22-2012 09:30 AM

Hi dwg1986,

They are basically replacing the 1.4 85ps with a new 1.2TSI 90ps engine. If you go to the German VW website it's actually listed there.

ilguns 03-10-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by dwg1986 (Post 56721)
Hi all,

Anything I should know about the 90bhp version? Thanks!

Hey dwg1986, I just got the same quote from VW (I'm from Malta too) and I'm curious why I can't find anything on the internet regarding the 90bhp TSI. The salesman said the exact same thing to me however he then mentioned that from 2012 they are no longer going to produce the 105bhp version and replaced it with the 90.... which i am sceptical about.... Have you dug up any info you might be able to share regarding this please??

Thanks!

dwg1986 03-11-2012 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by ilguns (Post 57538)
Hey dwg1986, I just got the same quote from VW (I'm from Malta too) and I'm curious why I can't find anything on the internet regarding the 90bhp TSI. The salesman said the exact same thing to me however he then mentioned that from 2012 they are no longer going to produce the 105bhp version and replaced it with the 90.... which i am sceptical about.... Have you dug up any info you might be able to share regarding this please??

Thanks!

Hi ilguns, good to know someone else from Malta! As markcame said, it can be found on the German VW website. (can't give you a direct link because the website doesn't provide it). It's also included in Wikipedia's list of VW petrol engines: VW Petrol Engines. Other than that, I couldn't find any more info. Please do share if you find anything else. Last time I checked, VW UK knew nothing about the 90bhp engine.. and they referred me to the only 1.2 TSI engine they sell in the UK, which is the 105bhp one.

I'm still waiting for it to arrive (I ordered the 90bhp one btw). Salesman told me I had to wait 6 months until it arrives, so I have 2.5 months left waiting.. It's been a horrible experience waiting and waiting .. :/

markcame 03-11-2012 05:19 AM

Hey dwg1986. I am Maltese too ;) My brother just got the new TSI as well. I'm stuck with the old 1.4 :(...

Plus, he got 16" rims as standard. If i'm not mistaken the Rivazza.

dwg1986 03-12-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by markcame (Post 57540)
Hey dwg1986. I am Maltese too ;) My brother just got the new TSI as well. I'm stuck with the old 1.4 :(...

Plus, he got 16" rims as standard. If i'm not mistaken the Rivazza.

Nice! When did he order it and when did it arrive? Also, did he get the 1.2TSI 105bhp, or the 90bhp? I still can't believe it takes 6 months to get a car nowadays.. or is this only in Malta?

markcame 03-13-2012 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by dwg1986 (Post 57547)
Nice! When did he order it and when did it arrive? Also, did he get the 1.2TSI 105bhp, or the 90bhp? I still can't believe it takes 6 months to get a car nowadays.. or is this only in Malta?

He just ordered it a month ago and has 6 months to wait as well. Salesman told him it's because he got it with the sunroof. He got the 90bhp.

Don't know about the 6 month deal being in Malta only, but I guess it does play a factor.

ilguns 03-13-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by dwg1986 (Post 57539)
Hi ilguns, good to know someone else from Malta! As markcame said, it can be found on the German VW website. (can't give you a direct link because the website doesn't provide it). It's also included in Wikipedia's list of VW petrol engines: VW Petrol Engines. Other than that, I couldn't find any more info. Please do share if you find anything else. Last time I checked, VW UK knew nothing about the 90bhp engine.. and they referred me to the only 1.2 TSI engine they sell in the UK, which is the 105bhp one.

I'm still waiting for it to arrive (I ordered the 90bhp one btw). Salesman told me I had to wait 6 months until it arrives, so I have 2.5 months left waiting.. It's been a horrible experience waiting and waiting .. :/

Thanks for the reply, I will let you know if I hear anything!! Ye it does take long to arrive! My friend ordered a golf which came 7 months later :/.

@Markcame, apparently VW have an offer on rims, they are giving the 16" Rivazza for no extra charge on all polos that are ordered

cossie26 05-04-2012 11:19 AM

I am also from malta and have ordered the polo with the 1.2 tsi 90bhp and I had to wait six months as well...now it passed 5 months so in a month time it should arrive...I ordered it with the panoramic sunroof as well and the dealer said that that was the reason I had to wait that long...what's the thing about the 16" alloys?? they are giving them free in malta?

dwg1986 05-05-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by cossie26 (Post 57925)
I am also from malta and have ordered the polo with the 1.2 tsi 90bhp and I had to wait six months as well...now it passed 5 months so in a month time it should arrive...I ordered it with the panoramic sunroof as well and the dealer said that that was the reason I had to wait that long...what's the thing about the 16" alloys?? they are giving them free in malta?

I'm now into the 7th month waiting. Said the ship got delayed & what not. From what I could see on the salesman's list of ordered cars, my Polo's build date was in February. That's 4 months to ship? Meh.. (.. it's not like there's an ocean to cross)

Btw, I have no panoramic sunroof, and the excuses didn't differ.

I was not offered the 16" Rivazza wheels.. my quote mentions 15" Lakeside wheels. Now let me go back to waiting ...

cossie26 05-09-2012 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by dwg1986 (Post 57926)
I'm now into the 7th month waiting. Said the ship got delayed & what not. From what I could see on the salesman's list of ordered cars, my Polo's build date was in February. That's 4 months to ship? Meh.. (.. it's not like there's an ocean to cross)

Btw, I have no panoramic sunroof, and the excuses didn't differ.

I was not offered the 16" Rivazza wheels.. my quote mentions 15" Lakeside wheels. Now let me go back to waiting ...

Hope that I don't have to wait that long since I am counting down the days it remains....mine is supposed to be delivered to malta in the first week of june!! I also was not offered the 16" Rivazza wheels, I have the 15" Lakeside wheels

Bdw, do you know where the polo to malta is manufactured please!

ilguns 05-10-2012 12:52 PM

Re Rivazza 16" in Malta

Hi guys,

I (and others who ordered the TSI version recently) was offered these rims at no extra charge instead of the 15" lakeside.... It is apparently an offer they have at the moment.... I ordered mine beginning of April

BRE009 07-05-2012 03:14 PM

Hi dwg1986, I just bought POLO Tsi 1.2 90bhp!

I can honestly say, that I am delighted with the car. Awesome shape, comfortable car and amazing ride.

I just added the sunroof and I highly recommend.

dwg1986 07-06-2012 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by BRE009 (Post 58302)
Hi dwg1986, I just bought POLO Tsi 1.2 90bhp!

I can honestly say, that I am delighted with the car. Awesome shape, comfortable car and amazing ride.

I just added the sunroof and I highly recommend.

That's great to hear! I'm also delighted with the car in the same ways you are (except that I wasn't ready to pay extra for the sunroof)

I have a question someone here should be able to answer: When am I supposed to give the Polo its first service? The running-in distance is 1500km, but the dealer had told me the first service is due after 8000km or 1 year. Isn't the first service supposed to be given after completing the running-in, or is it different nowadays?

ailixhomes 08-14-2012 05:28 AM

Car is very useful things for every one. Here I get such nice description about new Volkswagen polo car. Its looks beautiful, specifications and features. In this car interior is very safety, exterior, comfort and Convenience.

duwwi1978 08-14-2012 01:35 PM

Malta

Hi guys I am from Malta aswell. I went to Continental Cars today and I was wondering if the car is economical with a 12 TSI 90(bhp) engine. I was wondering if I should order it RED or BLACK. What you think?

Keithuk 08-15-2012 04:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the forum duwwi1978. Attachment 3050

If you want an economical car then its got to be a diesel.

Byroner 08-17-2012 12:29 AM

i think that some misconception could have happened with you , as polo is available in no such segment that you have written above , you should check it once again and go for complete research before buying this car.

ilguns 10-24-2012 05:36 AM

Developing rattles and noises!

Hi all,

I am now going into my 5th month with my polo.

I noticed some rattles and noises here and there, which happens in all cars I guess, but I am getting a bit concerned....

- Does anybody also get a heavy rattling noise from the engine when in second gear between 1500 and 2000 rpm? (I know that @ 1000rpm it is normal to get a slight rattle)

- when shifting from 1st to 2nd do you get a whizzing sound when you press the clutch? Particularly when you reach circa 2000rpm in 1st

- I also noticed that sometimes when at a standstill and the engine is just idling, every 15 seconds I hear a clicking sound (you can hear it from the drivers seat and even feel it - as if sometimes is trying to turn) that seems to be coming from the engine bay.

Anybody experiencing these too?... I am going to the dealer soon just to make sure, but would like to know if it happens to anyone else and is something normal that develops over time (and I'm just over concerned) or its something to worry about!

Cheers

juniorjunior786 11-21-2012 03:45 AM

I agree with you dwg1986

dwg1986 12-17-2012 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by ilguns (Post 59134)
Hi all,

I am now going into my 5th month with my polo.

I noticed some rattles and noises here and there, which happens in all cars I guess, but I am getting a bit concerned....

- Does anybody also get a heavy rattling noise from the engine when in second gear between 1500 and 2000 rpm? (I know that @ 1000rpm it is normal to get a slight rattle)

- when shifting from 1st to 2nd do you get a whizzing sound when you press the clutch? Particularly when you reach circa 2000rpm in 1st

- I also noticed that sometimes when at a standstill and the engine is just idling, every 15 seconds I hear a clicking sound (you can hear it from the drivers seat and even feel it - as if sometimes is trying to turn) that seems to be coming from the engine bay.

Anybody experiencing these too?... I am going to the dealer soon just to make sure, but would like to know if it happens to anyone else and is something normal that develops over time (and I'm just over concerned) or its something to worry about!

Cheers

I am not, by any means, a car expert.. but I haven't noticed such abnormalities thus far. I would have it checked since it doesn't sound right. I'm into the 6th month with the car now, and I'm quite happy overall. Anyone take it for its first service as soon as running-in was complete? Or do you wait for the first 8000km / 1 year to expire?

ilguns 12-18-2012 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by dwg1986 (Post 59533)
I am not, by any means, a car expert.. but I haven't noticed such abnormalities thus far. I would have it checked since it doesn't sound right. I'm into the 6th month with the car now, and I'm quite happy overall. Anyone take it for its first service as soon as running-in was complete? Or do you wait for the first 8000km / 1 year to expire?

Had it checked out. Turns out I had a busted relay and a faulty turbo wastegate.... on a 6 month old car :/. At least warranty covers it I guess. I asked whether I should leave it for a service once the car was going in but they said theres no need and to wait for it to get to 8000 KM (I have 5k at the moment so past running-in)... Hope that helps!

dohamark 12-28-2012 10:51 AM

Volkswagen is one of my favourite car and i like to drive it. I bought a new Polo car in red colour. If you want to buy it, you can contact your local car dealer. You can go for online as well.

moishenriq 02-27-2013 06:37 AM

Volkswagen polo is an amalgamation of class, safety and high performance car. In this era people more like to purchase this car for use latest facility and features. Here I get best details about new polo 1.2.

robertrackson 07-22-2013 06:08 AM

It has been an ideal choice to buy Polo 1.2 TSI. Polo is truly loaded with great features like Enthusiastic, high-revving 1.2L TSI engine. It's an excellent performer Car. So, getting this one is absolutely worth deal.