Help with passat pls

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Default Help with passat pls

Hi guys, Looking for some help with a problem i am having with my car. Its a 1999 1.8 20v sport and engine code APT.

About 3 weeks back it started to pull back when driving and felt like it was running out of fuel so i gave the car a full service inc leads and fuel filter but this didnt make it any better.

Next was a code read and came up with manifold something ( cant remember ) so i then did some homework and ppl have had problems with the flaps in the manifold before so off it came. Did a total strip down and clean but found nothing at fault or broken.

Next step was to put it all back together and it run fine with no loss of power but after a few days it started to rev up and down on tickover. I then did all the checks for air leaks and did another code read but found no faults. The next day i took the car out and it was fine again untill last night.

It has now gone back to running the way it was in the first place, ie one min pulling well then it just feels like it run out of fuel for 5seconds but if you lift off the gas then back on it goes again sometimes.

I am about to take the hammer to it as its doing my head in...lol Also tried to run it with the air flow meter off but it just run really bad when unplugged so i guess that was working fine.

I am looking for some help with this as said before i dont know what to try next.

Many thanks