Balance/power

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Default Balance/power

My girlfriend has an 05 passat with the monsoon sound system. When she bought it the rear speakers were blown(so she said) and one of the fronts didnt work so we bought all new speakers...I never could find a color chart for the wiring that matched up to what she had in her car so I went with what the majority of the sites said and just stayed constant with the way the plugs were so all the speakers are wired the same(ithink)...After installing all the speakers it sounds good but...the right rear really sounds great...we put in polk audio dxi 6500's. but the left rear hardly hits, and the front two sound good but nothing like the right rear...We tried messing with the balance and fade but can not get the sound even. Its like the right rear is getting more power? Its not that its really louder, but just that it hits with the bass... should I take the doors apart and check the wiring on the other 3? Is it something with the headunit? or could it be something with the amp? Ive always done speakers in my cars and friends but never had one speaker sound so much better than the rest( you can feel the bass difference if you put your hand near the speaker) but i have always had a chart with a colors to go by for + & -

Suggestions?

and if anyone can find a link to a chart for an 05 passat with monsoon...all I can remember without taking the doors off is that the rear left door was purple/purple w/white.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 304
Size:  951 Bytes

Can't you do a quick swop with one of the other speaker to the lead on the one that sounds good to see if its the speaker or the wiring?

Have you tried Name:  google.gif
Views: 303
Size:  2.0 KB for the wiring diagrams?

vw monsoon radio wiring diagram